Our friends from Volume Network did a recent buying trip to Amsterdam & Barcelona, as some of the trendiest people we know - we trust their insights. Here are a few of their snaps & what they had to say.
- New shop interiors were clean, light, bright, calming and neutral with simple plants.
- There was a mix of materials like pale wood, metal details, concrete, stone, curved edge details like mirrors etc.
- Colours were ‘warm’ neutrals - warm greys, warm stone etc. Less dark cold darker greys and black.
- Furniture and lighting still have a clean retro feel but new modern versions.
- Raw stone or old brick as feature walls in pale neutral colours.
- Trees in pots for plants or big feature plants. Also creeping plants.
- Velvet upholstery.
- Clean bright accessories and lights in the neutral spaces.